Contributing to the Docs
To contribute to the kiali.io docs see kiali.io on github.
In short you will:
- Fork the kiali.io repo on GitHub.
- Make your changes and send a pull request (PR).
- If you’re not yet ready for a review, add “WIP” to the PR name to indicate it’s a work in progress.
- Don’t add the Hugo property “draft = true” to the page front matter, it prevents auto-deployment of the content preview.
- Wait for the automated PR workflow to do some checks. When it’s ready, you should see a comment like this: deploy/netlify — Deploy preview ready!
- Click Details to the right of “Deploy preview ready” to see a preview of your updates.
- Continue updating your doc and pushing your changes until you’re happy with the content.
Updating a single page
If you’ve just spotted something you’d like to change while using the docs, there is a shortcut for you:
- Click Edit this page in the top right hand corner of the page.
- If you don’t already have an up to date fork of the project repo, you are prompted to get one:
- Click Fork this repository and propose changes or Update your Fork to get an up to date version of the project to edit.
- The appropriate page in your fork is displayed in edit mode.
- Follow the steps above to make, preview, and propose your changes.
Creating an issue
If you’ve found a problem in the docs, but you’re not sure how to fix it yourself, please create an issue in the kiali.io repo. You can also create an issue about a specific page by clicking the Create Documentation Issue button in the top right hand corner of the page.
Contributing to the Code
For code contribution see the kiali project’s CONTRIBUTING page.